Saturday, March 7, 2015

Documented Life Project: Week 10 March 7, 2015


Our theme for March is "Making Your Mark" Week 1 prompt is "Surviving the Elements" and the Art Challenge is "As a layer element"
I have created this page using several marks that are a usual for me. I started with using my gelli plate to lay some color on my pages. I used craftsmart light green and ceramcoat pale lilac with a harlequin and dot stencil.
I always heat set in between each layer with my heat gun. As I go though all of these layers I am loving each one and had a hard time continuing, usually for me its the other way around. I need to add more layers until I like it.
For my next step I used guava and lemon gelatoes to add a little more color.
 
Now for some marks as an element.... I used my lyra light orange water color crayon and drew around some of the triangles created by the stencil. Then I used a paint brush and a little water to blend it out.
I love to use my rubber stamps in my projects and this one by renaissance art is one of my favorites. I used lime pastel color box chalk ink pad and stamped on both sides next to the center fold.
I had some labels and deli paper that I had made previously with my gelli plate and the colors were a good fit so I used them. The deli prints are on the outside borders.

 
I used a brown watercolor pencil for more marks and highlighted my labels, some of the diamonds and a little on the outside edges of both pages.
I used my credit card to apply a little white gesso to tie everything together. This stamp by cc rubber stamps makes a very subtle border but I thought it was just enough for this project. I also used my empty tape roll and color box chalk rouge ink pad to add a few circles.
 
I had some tape from a long time ago and I don't even remember where I got it from or what company made it but it works here so I added it.
For my final marks I drew these flowers and this cute little bunny. I used watercolor pencils to color them all in. I then added some sketchy marks to the flowers and bunny.
 
To finish it off I had just found these letters and journaling blocks by American Crafts while I treated myself to a trip to Hobby Lobby today. I put the prompt inside the journaling block. This prompt is saying to me to not be of the world but to focus on what is of God. In surviving the elements of the world and keeping focused I will have what my heart desires and that is to someday walk through that garden with God, to feel his presence and love. A love that is true and holy, unlike anything this sinful world has to offer.
 
The other side of this project will be used for my Documented Faith prompt which I will receive tomorrow. Until next time, hugs.
check out the link to the Art5 ladies, they are so inspiring I am sure you will enjoy their site and you may even decide to join us. http://www.arttothe5th.com/
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...