Monday, March 30, 2015

Documented Life and Documented Faith



Documented Life Week 13 challenge: Make a Custom Element, Prompt: Ride the Energy of Your Own Unique Spirit
Documented Faith week 14 "Forgive" Colossians 3:13 "Make allowance for each other's faults and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember the Lord forgave you so you must forgive others."

This week I decided to glue my test runs off my gelli plate that I pulled onto deli paper right into my art journal pages. I did this mainly because I really liked the pulls on the deli paper and with the gelli plate you are never sure of getting the same prints a second time. 
I used matte medium to glue the deli paper down and then used a credit card to smooth it all out and remove the bubbles. 
I had some washi tape that I thought matched well so I applied them around the edges. 
I then selected some of my scraps I had from previous projects and glued them down. I added a little extra color with my yellow gelatos and some marks with a pen. 
I tied everything together with a wash of gesso and outlined in various places with my watercolor pencils. I found some leftover stickers and rub ones to add a few more elements. My custom element is my silhouette that was created when I did my gelli print with a stencil. I applied some gesso on the area, dried it with my heat gun and then did a black watercolor wash to the whole image. Some of the lettering from the gelli print shows through which I love and then I applied two rub on words to her neck. The butterfly signifies the fact that when you offer forgiveness to others it releases you to be yourself. Holding on to grudges creates a black cloud within yourself. 
I like to incorporate Documented Life and Faith into the same double page layout and so far it has worked out well for me with the prompts. 
I have found that it can be hard to forgive others but the rewards for doing so is very liberating. Holding onto to those grudges and then living with that dark cloud creates a dark dismal outlook to life. Once you let go that dark cloud brightens and you can lead the life God wants for you. We are to love one another and that can not be done if you are living in that dark space. In our study we learn that forgiveness is not: minimizing the seriousness of the offense, instant restoration of trust, resuming a relationship without any changes. Reasons to forgive are: because God has forgiven us, because resentment does not work, because we are all going to need more forgiveness in the future, because it is unhealthy.
 If you would like to join Documented Life follow this link: http://www.art5academy.com
Documented Faith: is a Facebook group just type the name of the group in the search bar and ask to join 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...