Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Glory Art: Wisdom

I did it....I was so wrapped up in my project that I forgot to take pictures. I initially took a couple pictures and then....well I will give you the idea.
I started with covering my pages with guava and lavender gelatoes, spritz them and blended the color with my fingers. I love finger painting. I always heat set in between each layer with my heat gun.
For the flower on the bottom right I used a magenta stamp #08079-M. I colored directly on the stamp with my blueberry, dk purple and mango gelatoes, then I spritz the stamp lightly. I stamped it once on my project then once on scrap paper, I cut the one on scrap paper out to use as a mask. These was still some color on the stamp so I spritzed it again and stamped all over both pages, appling more water as necessary to use up the color.  I put the mask on top of the project and then stamped Hero Art's poetic aspin print stamp with versafine olympia green around the flower.

I then stamped the aspin print on scrap paper 7 times for masks. I put these masks over top of the flower mask and then stamped all around both pages with Renaissance Art stamp # 9995 with warm violet color box chalk ink pad.
Here is where I forgot to take more pictures, lol. I'm sorry. I stamped Stampa Rosa's "Wisdom" Stamp with olympia green ink pad all over both pages. Then I swiped a layer of gesso over everything but the flower.
All around the outside of both pages I rubbed on some lavender gelato and blended it with my finger. Then I took a white paint marker and put some rectangles around the outside edge on top of the gelato. My next stamp I used is called "Love You to Bits" and I stamped that all around the edge with olympia green then I colored the little leaves with my green gel pen.
For my Bible verses I typed them in text boxes in microsoft word and then added a border around each of them. I taped a piece of deli paper to a piece of cardstock and used that to print out my verses on. I applied a little gesso and gelato to the back of the verses because as I laid it down on my page I felt it was just a little to opaque and that it was getting lost. I cut them all out and glued them down to my page. Then I took a gel pen and added some color to the borders on the verses.
For my "Wisdom" word I free handed it and then used my gel pens to doodle it. I then used a gel pen to write the meaning of Wisdom and some synonyms.
My word for the year for Logo's 365 is "Wisdom". So I was thrilled to have it repeated in Glory Art. To know God's word I need wisdom, to have wisdom I need to be transformed. Our word for Take Me Deeper was "Transformed" and the whole study for January was on being transformed. I am amazed how all of these seperate online sudies are wrapping around each other. I know God has his hand in all this and I am so thankful for that. Our God is a creative God and doing all these studies along with art and journaling is bringing me closer to my God.
until next time, Hugs.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...