Sunday, February 22, 2015

Documented Life the Journal and Documented Faith February 22, 2015

Our Art Technique for Documented Life the Journal week 8 is "Repeating Elements" and thc Scripture for Documented Faith Week 9 is 2 Corinthians 4:18. I decided to use these two projects today for my layout in my Art Journal.
I don't know why these pictures decided to turn this way, they are not like this on my computer. Oh well we will go with it. I decided to stray away from my gelatoes today and use acrylic paint. Shown are delta ceramacoat persimmon and craftsmart yellow. I just swiped some color on my page with the credit card.
My first repeating elements are the scrappy cat flower sketch stamp.  I stamped with versafine onyx black ink pad and then colored with a blue water color pencil. The art impressions Q2310 stamped was stamped with color box chalk blue lagoon ink pad.
I applied a layer of gesso over the whole page. I had some flowers I had cut out a while ago for another project with my cricut and I used them as a mask. I sprayed luminarte shimmering mist irish mist over all the flowers. In between each of my layers I heated with my heat gun to dry it.
This created some beautiful flowers, I will use some for this project and save the rest for another project down the road.
While my flowers were still on the page I used a piece of paper I had previously cleaned a stencil off with and layer it on top of the flowers to soak up the excess ink.
 
These flowers create another repeating element. I outlined my flowers with the blue watercolor pencil. I also went around the outside of each flower with a watercolored pencil that matched the persimmon paint I originally used. At this point I applied another layered of gesso. The paper that I used to soak up the extra ink is going to be torn into strips to use as my border. I adhered my border with matte medium.
I decided to make some tags to put my message on so that it would stand out. My message will be another repeating element. I applied my blue lagoon ink over the tags and then sprayed them with irish mist. I took a piece of copy paper and swiped some of the persimmon acrylic paint on it and dried it. Then I printed out my verse on this paper so it would match my project.
I used some of my flowers that I had used as my mask here on my tags. I outlined my tags with a watercolor pencil. Oh and I also stamped the art impressions stamp again after applying the last coat of gesso.
For the right hand side I wrote my verse 4 times and this creates another repeating element. I had stamps I used for my letter for "its worth repeating" and I outlined again with my pencil.
Do you see the eyes? I thought it made a cute whimsical touch. Did you count how many repeating elements there art?
until next time, hugs.
 
check out the link to the Art5 ladies....what an awesome group they are.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...