Saturday, February 21, 2015

Documented Life and Bible Art Journaling

Our prompt for The Documented Life Project: The Journal February 21, 2015 was "Cover Up Good Stuff" and the prompt for Bible Art Journaling was "Perfect Love" inspired by scripture 1 John 4:18. I like to incorporate two prompts into one of these layouts and these are the two I decided to join together here.

I began using my usual technique by applying tangerine and lemon gelatoes directly to my journal and then adding water to blend them. I then stamped a Tin Can Mail stamp by Inkadinkado with versafine black ink and then heat set it with my heat gun.
I selected a piece of my already made deli paper that I created using my gelli plate.
 
I applied white gesso over the whole piece with a credit card and then attached my deli paper strips to the sides with matte medium.
I searched though my stash for more elements to add to my piece and found some happy mail I received a while ago from Renee Robertson and the colors were perfect fit for this. I also incorporated the envelope she mailed it to me in. I stamped some flowers using my Scrappy Cat flower sketch flower stamp set on the envelope and cut them out. I also cut out the girl that Renee had stamped on the envelope.
The arrow stamps were from a set I found in Michael's sorry I do not know the company that made them.
Here is how it all came together. I appied all my elements with matte medium and then put a layer of gesso over the whole piece.
Part of the covering up process for me was to use a piece of vellum in the center of the page and put my message on that. The next step in my covering up was to put black gesso all over the border around my vellum.
Well I accomplished covering the border up and I am thinking I really do not like this. So I toned it all down with more gesso. I can live with this. Every technique is not for everyone and I have decided that for today this is not my favorite. Maybe for another page sometime I will love it, but I will settle for today that I was successful with the technique.
Until next time, hugs.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...