Monday, May 19, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 20 Planner pages


Here are my planner pages for week 20. I am behind on the prompts but will catch up soon. I loved doing these pages this shade of melon is so yummy. I have also incorporated some of my happy mail I received from Renee Robertson. This was a wonderful package of happy mail and I got started right away cutting out some of the goodies to incorporated into my page that I did not get a picture of the whole stash. Hopefully Renee will forgive me after she sees how beautiful it all looks on my pages. Thank you Renee.
This has not been a good week for me and my little Oliver. Last Monday I took my three dogs to the vet for their yearly checkup, thinking we were all healthy...hmm. not the case I find out. My Karli is almost 13years old and has had these fatty tumors that have been getting larger and starting to cause her a little discomfort. My vet says she is a tumor with a dog attached, its a perfect description of her right now. But she is doing well considering.
 I received very unexpected news for Oliver. As my vet was listening to his heart he exclaims "Does this dog have a heart murmur?" I replied well no. But alas he does and on a scale of 0-6 (with 6 being the worst) he is rated a 5. This is very alarming as he has not had any problems up till now and for it to come on this fast the vet was quite concerned. So Oliver went in for blood work and x-rays today to see the extent of the problem. His heart is twice as large as it should be and he has a large amount of fluid in his lungs. The hole in his lung is flapping quite rapidly and his heart is working very fast. Our first task at hand is to get him on medication to get rid of the fluid then he will go back for more blood work in a week and x-rays in two weeks. Oliver is to be kept quiet and calm during this period. This will be a hard task, Oliver is very active and is the bully in the family. So I will be closing our doggie door so he cannot go out and bark every time the neighbors move and will encourage him to sit on my lap and rest as much as I can. He will not be able to go out and chase the cat which he just loves to do. Hopefully once we get him regulated with his medicine he can return to all his activities he loves. Prayers for my little boy. He is only 6 years old and I hope he can live a long and comfortable life on his meds.
until next time...take care.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...