Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 18; "Add a Quote"

Week 18: "Add a Quote"
The quote was the easy part, now the page itself was a nightmare. When I was putting my journal together in February, I used acrylic paint and a credit card and swiped all the pages with 2-3 different colors each. I was being brave and used many different colors to get as many different pages as I could. Well it backfired. I used a lot of purple on this page, now mind you I don't dislike purple but it is not my favorite color and I have a hard time working with it. A little is ok but folks I had a lot on this page. So I put it off all week and decided today was the day, this layout was going to get done. I sat and looked at it for quite awhile, got up and walked away, sat and looked again, walked away again, and then ..... yep I decided to paint over some or most of it. I added lots of white and then went to town with my gelatos. I finally was at a point I could work with it and this is what I did. I am happy, but I will not intentionally add that much purple again.



2 comments:

Janet Joehlin said...

It still turned out wonderfully! Great page!

Granny Rho said...

Turned out really good! Glad you sick with it instead of skipping over it. Conquer the Purple! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...