Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rainy Day Entertainment

I had sap to cook down and it was a very rainy day ....so I decided I was going to catch up on my prompts for Journal 52. This is Week 11 Prompt "Stars" I kept putting this off, cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. With the task at hand of catching up, I decided to do this one first. I started with black card stock and stamped the larger star with versamark ink and embossing with silver powder. Then I stamped the smaller star with versamark ink and embossed in gold powder. Then I stamped a script stamp with versamark all over the card stock and rubbed with micropearl pearl-ex. I outline the entire piece with white acrylic paint then drew a scallop on with florescent pink marker (yep it doesn't show that here). I printed my words on a piece of paper that I drew a gelli print from, cut them out and adhered them with gell medium. The star was hand painted on with gesso and colored with watercolor pencils. I used white signo pen to highlight.

This image began as a gelli print and it is week 12 prompt "A Day in the Life of Me'  I used my micro pen by fabre castell and my white uni- ball pen. The flowers are colored with watercolor pencils

I was very happy to see this prompt this morning for I had planned on using this quote in my journal as an extra page. I seen another page on Pinterest with flowers in a jar with this quote that was beautiful. This also began as a gelli print, then I drew my flower and colored with mixed media: colored pencils, gesso and gelatos. I am very happy with how this turned out.
 

I also worked on another of my monthly inserts for The Documented Life Project. This is the backside of January. I used watercolor pencils, gelatos, gesso, fabre castell pens, white uni ball pen, and acrylic paint markers.
until next time.....thanks for looking.
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...