Thursday, March 27, 2014

3 Days in the Life of Grandaughters

 
As I sit through a car wash, it never ceases to entertain me the beauty of the colors during this one cycle. Oh and it smells nice to, two senses in one, love it. This was the beginning of my 3 day stay at Rob's watching the girls while Rob and Kim were away. I stopped halfway down for potty break, lunch and to get my car washed. 



 When I arrived the first thing the girls asked me was "What did you bring to do?" I told them Journals and they were excited. We got started right away after we unloaded all the supplies out of my car. Sophia was napping at the time. Gina and Julia were excited to start this new project and jumped right in with choosing colors. They thought it was great fun applying the paint with a credit card. I was working on Sophia's when the neighbor girl came to the door and asked the girls if they would like to go for a walk. Well they were so excited over their project that they turned Charlie down. A little while later the phone rang and Charlie was so interested in what the girls were doing she asked if she could come over an watch, well of course she could. But, when she got here we asked if she would like to finish  Sophia's for her and she agreed.

I just love the carefree choices the girls make, they don't stress if it matches. Just choose and go with it. I brought several items that the girls could use to embellish their journals and it seemed the bling was the most popular. Who knew?  They were introduced to mod podge, painting canvas with acrylic paints, drilling with a hand held drill, using a 3 ring hole punch and putting it together with binder rings.
As you can see they did a great job and I just love the bright colors and the way they designed their covers.



Next up was to create some journaling pages, they knew right away that they were going to Pinterest for quotes. Well this little Julia just loved those quotes and she was entertaining us with all the funny ones she could find. Then if that wasn't enough she called her parents and entertained them to. Oh the fun you can have with Pinterest and a couple girls. I was also amazed that the girls stuck with this to the end, I have envisioned they would get bored before the job was done. We worked for 5 hours. Oh and Sophia woke up and she kept coming around to see what we were doing.

Here is a page that Julia did, I think it is beautiful. She choose some papers to collage, glued them on with mod podge and then highlighted with  acrylic paint. Actually all three girls used the same technique. Julia used the quote "Be Thankful for This Day". I was truly thankful for time to spend with the girls, doing what I love and seeing the joy in their eyes as they shared it with me.


This is Gina's beautiful page. She had found the button earlier and after she choose her papers she then knew what she was going to do with her button. Good choice it matches perfectly. I love Gina's inspirational quote "Believe in Yourself, a Little More". I also love her heart.

I feel really bad I did not get a picture of the page that Charlie did for Sophia. I will have to try to remember to get it sometime when I am back down there. It is also beautiful and she put a wonderful quote on it for Sophia.
Monday morning we were up by 7:00 A.M. to make sure the girls were ready to meet the bus at 8:30. There was hair to do, breakfast to make, lunches to pack and bags to make sure they had what they needed. It was pajama day for Gina so she looked nice and comfortable for the day. The nurse, Bev, stays until 9:00 A.M. so she watched Sophia until I got back from the bus. It was another very cold morning, but the frost on the car was stunning. We tried to get a picture of it and this is the best we could come up with, actually its not bad. Gina held my navy blue coat outside the car window while I took the picture from the inside. You can see my red coat's reflection a little bit. With the girls off to school now I get some much needed Sophia time, a whole day. First on her agenda is the speech therapist, Steve. (I think) He was really good with Sophia, but he says that Sophia is just not into it today and was not responding very well. We all have off days and so can she. Next up was Jill and kindergarten. I also enjoyed watching how Sophia is learning her a,b,c's, numbers, colors and animals. Jill was also frustrated because Sophia again was very distracted and did not want to cooperate. I told Jill that because Rob and Kim were on vacation, Sophia maybe figures she can be too.
I am also quite thrilled with the relationship Sophia has formed with her dog, Harlee. Its amazing to see the dog be so relaxed with Sophia. I have always thought that dog was special, now I know she is worth her weight in gold and then some. They are very blessed to have a dog that is so trusting with Sophia. After the morning activities it was time for Sophia's feeding, then her meds, and then nap time. During nap time I decided to create a page for each girls journal from their grandma. Sophia's turned out blurry, it actually looks better than the picture shows. Julia's is "Be Yourself".  Gina's is "Choose to Shine" and Sophia's is "You are My Sunshine"

The girls had swimming after school so we quickly did up our homework and had something to eat then it was out the door for them. Sophia and I just chilled.

When ever I stay over night the girls love to tell stories just before bed, its one of our highlights. We each take turns telling a silly story, just off the top of our heads and its quite entertaining.

 The next day, Tuesday, was much the same up and out the door for the bus, then therapist and school for Sophia. I was leaving for home by 1:00 so I would not see the girls after school today. Bev, the nurse would be back and then when her daughter got off work at 5:00 P.M., they were taking all three girls out for dinner and to Kraynacks to see Bunny Lane. We seen this a few years ago and its pretty amazing. The store has quite a few displays done up very elaborately for Easter. Jill and I are taking her kids down Sunday before Sophia's party, I will try to remember to get pictures. On the way home I decided to treat myself to a stop at Pat Catan's for a little shopping. I found some exciting things for use in my journaling and also for my fairy gardens this spring. I made it home by 5:00 P.M. just in time to collect my stuff for Wonder kids and make it to the church by 6:00 P.M. The original thought was I could leave Rob's by 1:00 P.M. and make it home in time for a little nap before heading back out, but the shopping temptation was to big. Hey its a two hour trip for me to go to this store, so I felt justified. :)
 That was my 3 days in the life of Gina, Julia and Sophia. Gotta love it.
till next time.....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...