Monday, February 10, 2014

Gelli Art Printing

It has arrived.....well a couple weeks ago it did. I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I am excited to learn more about this cool process and have been studying all the wonderful videos on you tube. Actually I think I have become addicted to the videos. I have discovered how well these prints adapt to Art Journal pages so I joined a group called "Journal 52" which is a free online Art Journal group in which you are given a prompt for every week in the year to use in your journal. I am so excited I have been having a great time creating my art pages and also have been enjoying seeing how every one has been creating their pages from the same prompt. The first week was "Somewhere, A Simple Place" here is my take. A simple place for me is in my garden, a place where I can day dream, talk and listen to God, text my sister, listen to nature, and work at my leisure pulling weeks and tending the plants.
I have created my own journal that will incorporate my "Faith Journal" and my "Art Journal" in one. The "Faith Journal" will include projects I am working on with my Wonder Kids (a group of 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade kids that meets at our church on Tuesday evenings for a time of lesson, craft and fellowship) along with projects that are just for me. Here is the front cover of my journal.
 
I hope you are finding time in your busy schedule to embrace your creative juices in what ever venue you choose. I am looking forward to a day with a group of ladies from our church on saturday for a Winter Craft Day, I am not sure what I will be taking to work on yet, but I am guessing it will have to do with the gelli plate and art journaling.
Enjoy your evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...