Saturday, February 5, 2011

Round Robin Art Journal

My Journal for the Round Robin Art Journal Group
I belong to a group of ladies who have formed together to do a round robin art journal. Starting this month we are to create our journal and then post in it several times throughout the month. Including with our journaling we are hoping to add some art work ie: photos, doodling, clippings from magazines, newspaper etc, some inking, whatever we may feel led to do with each days posting. Then in March we will begin the round robin, each of us taking turns journaling in each others journal until we have gone a complete circle. Through this we are hoping to share some ideas and get to know each other a little better and just to have fun.
I found this pretty pink and green journal in Wal Mart and knew that it was just what I wanted for my journal. I had a piece of this green scrapbook paper from Creative Imaginations that matched perfectly. I cut a section of it and inked up the edges with my Tim Holtz ink applicator and color box black chalk ink. I cut a piece of white scrapbook paper to use as a frame and inked that also. I wasn't thinking ahead and used tape to attach the two pieces. Well as you can see that presented a problem when I decided to mod podge the front of my journal to help preserve it. It bubbled, I am hoping to be able to lift the green paper in spots and reapply it with some mod podge. We shall see how that works for me. lol. The white trim and black ribbon was some that was given to me in a blog hop. The large white flower was one I crocheted and the little lace flowers, well I just can't remember where I bought those. The little paper flowers were some left over from another project and the bling swirl is from Recollections. The word "journal" I cut with my cricut and used the gypsy font. The stamping was done with versamark and white embossing powder. The stamp set is # 50388 Boutique Grunge from Inque Boutique which I purchased from Pat Catan's . The white textured piece behind the white cardstock is drywall tape. The black scalloped was cut on the cricut using the Lacy Labels cartridge.
 So let the journaling begin......

2 comments:

Mod Podge Amy said...

That's cute - can't even tell there is bubbling!

Mickey said...

I love it!!! It's so modern and sassy!!! Very fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...