Sunday, February 6, 2011

Altered Book Round Robin 2011


back cover


front cover

This year for my Round Robin Altered Book, I decided to use the title "Baby". I am hoping to see all of the ladies put in a baby picture of themselves, a little about them as a baby, and of course their artistic altered abilities.


To begin with I covered the outside of my book with gesso, two layers is what it took to successfully coat the black cover that was on here. Then I used colorbox chalk chestnut roan ink pad to  accent the edges of the book. The papers I used are from "My Mind's Eye" and the lace was a piece I received in a blog hop last year. I just love this large piece of lace and it fit perfectly across the front and continuing around to the back of my book. These were all adhered with mod podge. The label was created with my cricut and the lacy labels cartridge. I also cut out "Baby" with my cricut and I should have written down what cartridge I used because now I don't remember. Sorry.  The ribbon on the back of the book is from "My Minds Eye" and the lace was just a piece I had in my stash left over from another project. The little picture of the babies is from memoriesinthemaking A.T.C. Collection paper pad pack "Babies and Children" .

right side of sign in page
 
left side sign in page

For our books we are to have a sign in page where each artist is to date and sign their name.  For mine I preped it the same as for the front with two layers of gesso and used the same paper line by "My Minds Eye". I also used the same chestnut roan ink for ageing the edges. The beads are from Recollection and the bottles I made with my cricut imagine and the nursery rhymes cartridge. The ribbon is also from "My Minds Eye". The brads I made with bazzill cardstock and my i-top brad maker by Imaginesce. The pearl beads are by Recollections. Pretty simple layout.

 

left side of first layout

I prepared the pages of my layout with gesso and applied my papers with mod podge the same as I had done on the sign in page. I also inked up the edges with chestnut roan ink. The papers I used for this layout are from a $5.00 paper pack I bought at Wal Mart by Colorbok and its called "Earth Tone Florals". I thought it was a very pretty pack. The chipboard piece is from my stash and I liked the color it was so I just highlighted the embossed areas with my chestnut roan ink. The crocheted border is one I made, I need to get busy and make more this was my last piece. :(  You might remember the mailbox letters by Making Memories form awhile back that I used to spell out the word "Baby".

right side of first layout page

The baby picture is me....I used to be so cute! The brown ribbon is by Bazzill and the green ribbon is from Offray. The lace is just some from my stash. The bottles are from the imagine nursery rhymes cartridge and the little kids are from A Child's Year cricut cartridge. The bottles are helded together with a large bazzill brad so that they swivel out. I have included some info about me on these bottles. We are to use a technique on our page and these swivel bottles is mine.

My book will leave my hands on March 5th and start its Round Robin journey and I won't see it again until its all finished. I am excited to get it back and am also excited to see what the other ladies have come up with. I also look forward to the challenge that each book will present to me. In about 4 months I will post for you what everyone did in my book.
Enjoy!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...