Monday, April 19, 2010

Mission Impossible

I entered a challenge called "Mission Impossible", its on a yahoo group. Someone in the group sends you a package of supplies and the challenge is to see what you can make with it. I received a very generous package of papers, chipboard, buttons, flowers, ribbon, a bottle cap and a slide. The first project I did was for a Round Robin Altered Book Club I am participating in and I can't show you because the girl whose book I did views this blog. We are not suppose to see our books until the Round Robin is finished. Here is my second project. The card itself and the white layer is not from the package of goodies, all the rest is.  I did some embossing on the edges of the paper with white embossing powder. The flower was white and I inked it with Brilliance Pearlescent Olive, and then inked the edges with Color Box Maroon Chalk ink. I dipped the edges in the white embossing powder while the maroon was still wet and then heat set it.Then I stamped over the whole flower with a script stamp and maroon ink.  The button was a clear button, I pressed it into my maroon ink pad and then dipped it into white embossing powder and heat set it. I then threaded some of the ribbon through it that was sent to me. For the white tag, I used my Tim Holtz ink applicator and the olive ink pad and inked all around the edges, then I went over the edges slightly with the maroon ink. I stamped "ART" with the maroon ink and embossed it in white powder. The "Art is Love, Create and Inspire" I stamped with the maroon ink. For the chipboard photo turn I inked it with maroon ink and then embossed in clear powder, then attached it with a black brad. I wrapped another piece of the ribbon along the bottom of the card. I still have some supplies left, maybe I will get another card out of it. Lots of fun, hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

jonaks said...

its a lovely card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...