Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lenten Devotion - Maundy Thursday

Read: Psalm 102 and 142


When I read these two Psalms it seemed that they were both saying the same thing to me. They do have a similar message. In both passages there is the crying out of man to his God. He tells the Lord of all the troubles he must endure and that his fate is to cease to exist. He then goes on about how God will endure forever, that He will always be there.
When I thought about that it's what our faith, as Christians, is all about. We humans will pass from this life, but God will be there for us and will be there for generations to come because He is the eternal God, the one and only Lord of creation.
He endured the cross for our sins and we have only to ask Him to come in to our life for Him to be there for us whenever and wherever we may travel. If we do that, we too will someday live forever, with the Lord, in His kingdom.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, come into my heart and dwell in me. Thank you for being a loving and gracious Lord and for being with me throught all the trials of my life. Amen.

by Kathleen Christianson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...