Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cricut Card Exchange - April 2010


Here is the card I did for an Exchange Group I belong too, the theme was Mother's Day/Flowers.


 

Here are the directions:
  • Ink corner stamp with Color box chalk chestnut roan ink. Stamp on the lower left hand corner of card. I colored mine with Twinklin H2O's. Use Tim Holtz ink applicator tool to ink around the outside edges of card with chestnut roan ink.
  • For the Bee: Cartridge; Paisley pg 25- set height at 3" and cut out on yellow paper. Cut the shadow once on black paper and once on vellum. For the vellum I then cut away the body of the bee leaving just the wings. Using the shift key and layer 1, I cut from pink paper the cheeks and flower. For the body of the bee I colored in the black stripes with a black sharpie marker. I also used my marker to put in the eyes, nose and mouth. I used my white signo gel pen to add stitching and dots on my flower and cheeks. I aged the whole bee with my Tim Holtz ink applicator and chestnut roan ink. To put together I positioned my vellum wings on top of the shadow, then put in place the bee body that I had applied glue to the back of, down on top of the vellum. This way you don't see any adhesive behind the wings. Glue the bee to the front of the card. The adhesive I used for gluing the bee together was my zyron.
  • For the flowers: There are several on the paisley cartridge that can be used; the button on pg 39,41,42,43,51,59. Walk in my garden also has a couple nice flowers to use : pg 82,83. I just like a flower with petals and a solid center. Cut out 1 @ 2 1/2", 2 @ 1 1/4" and 3 @ 1". First you will want to run the flowers through your cuttlebug with an embossing folder of your choice. Then I inked them with Tim Holtz mustard seed distress ink, and then edged them with concord grape distress ink. I layered these flowers together using Perfect Paper Adhesive by US Art Quest. Place them into position around the base of the bee, and then add some gemstones to the center of your flowers and to the flower on the bee.
  • On the lower right hand corner I stamped "For you" by Stampa Rosa with chestnut roan ink. On the inside of the card I stamped a bee by Artistic stamp exchange with chestnut roan ink.
Hope you have fun creating one of your own.
smiles, Bev

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...