Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lenten Devotions

March 12th, 2010

Read: Psalm 91
   "for He will command His angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways: they will lift you up in their hands, so you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Do you believe in angels? Do you believe in angel visitations? Have you ever had an experience that could only be explained by an angel visitation?
There is reassurance with us in the Psalm, if we always stay in the presence of God, we need never worry about what happens to us.
I especially like "The Message" translation of verses 11 and 12: "He orders His angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you: their job is to keep you from falling."
I have found this promise to be true. On February 14th, 1999, I was on my way to meet a friend for lunch when I lost control of my car. As I realized I would crash, I called out to God for aide. After the car landed on the roof I knew I had to extricate myself. "Someone" was holding me so I wouldn't fall. Immediately I was sitting on the ground, but no one was there.
Many times in my life, I have felt a presence helping me make a decision, accomplish a difficut task, or just calm me down when something or someone has upset me.
I'm sure if you think about it, you have had the same experience.

Prayer: Help us to remember, Father, that when we need reassurance all we have to do is call on You.

Thought for the day: When we need God's aide, we only have to ask.

by Norma Mills

March 14th, 2010       Fourth Sunday in Lent

"The Bread of Life"

Read : John 6: 27-40

John 6: 27 Jesus replied to the poeple: "But you shouldn't be so concerned about the perishable things like food. No, spend you energy seeking the eternal life that I, the Messiah, can give you."
The people wanted to see more miracles done before they would believe Jesus was the Messiah. Some of us lre like that in our own lives. We don't put our complete trust and faith in the Lord to be there for us at all times.
In reading an article about a little boy who needed a new pair of sneakers, his gym teacher said he couldn't wear his old sneakers in class anymore. His mother told him there was not money to buy them right now. The boy replied that he would pray and tell God he needed new shoes by tomorrow. The very next day his mother receives a check in the mail for more than enough for a pair of shoes. Her son's excited answer was, "See I told you the money would come. Now can we buy my shoes?"
John 6: 33 "The true bread is a person - the one sent by God from heaven, and He gives life to the world."

Thought for the day: O, to be like a child and believe that God will answer our prayers and we will have everything we need in His time. "He is the God of Miracles!"

by Ron & Sandy Dunbar

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...