Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lenten Devotion - Monday of Holy Week

Read: Psalm 51
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

David truly felt remorse for his sin of adultery with Bathsheba, and for killing her husband. He knew his actions hurt many people but he also knew his actions were a sin against God and how God wanted him to live. Sometimes we know our comments and actions are not how God wants us to live but we think of the sin as just being a sin against a person, however every sin is a sin against God.

Create in me a pure hear, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Some have committed sins they believe are so great that it keeps them from getting close to God. No sin is too great to be forgiven! God may not remove the consequence of the sin here on Earth, but He will forgive us of any sin if we are truly remorseful and ask for His forgiveness.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will turn back to You.

Once we have asked for forgiveness, we get back the joy of a relationship with God. By passing that joy on through our forgiveness of others, we can be examples of how God wants us to live.

by Tracy Kirkpatrick

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...