Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine Gift - Altered Canvas


My beloved Valentines are my 7 grandkids. They make my world go round. This altered canvas is for my 3 yr old grandson. This past summer his Mom and I took him for a day out with Thomas the Engine. He stills talks about it, we had a great time. Anytime spent with this three year old is a great time. So I thought for his room I would do this canvas with a picture of Thomas on that day. The canvas is from Wal Mart, the clothespin I found in A.C. Moore's and the scrapbook Thomas paper I found at a scrapbook store. The little sprocket is from Tim Holtz's and I don't have a clue where I got that twist tie. lol. The metal letters are Making Memories. The ink I used was Versafine Satin Red and Colorbox chalk Chestnut Roan. The fibers are Funky fibers. I used Mod Podge to put it all together. Now I only have 6 more to go....all before Sunday. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

So cute and that will be a favored treasure for many many years...Wishing you luck on the other six but you know we Grandmothers can work wonders for the kids...

Lori said...

Very cute, I'm sure he'll love it! Love all the layers and the background.

Lisa said...

I ventured over here from OWOH and had to smile at this first post...we took my son to see Thomas as well (either for his 3rd or 4th birthday) and he LOVED it. He's 5 now so still into trains, but not as much Thomas. I think he'd still love this, though...(particularly if it came from his grandma!!) :)

Good luck finishing everything!!

julietk said...

Hello :-) you commented on my OWOH post and I have already done the draw. As you were not taken into consideration for the draw I am going to send you a special mystery gift. Please contact me through my profile page to arrange this ........ mini Hugs JulietK

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...