Sunday, February 28, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

So I went shopping at Joann's again and found another one of these glittery decorations like I did for Valentine's Day. I love it when they are 50% off, it cost all of five dollars. Well kinda, then I had to get some accessories to go with it. Total for this project is under $15.00. To start I layed out a border, I used some lace I received in one of my prizes from One World One Heart Blog Hop and layered on top of that the ribbon that says "Feeling Green". I decided to save my wider ribbon for another project. Then I took my string of beads and adhered it with "Yes" paste. I decided to use the gold "gold" because the green gold was just to much green and didn't stand out enough. I put them on with "Yes" paste also. Well a project isn't complete without the help of our Cricut, so I cut out a hat with the clover from Designer's Calendar. I set the height of the hat at 5 1/2". Then I selected "St. Patrick's Day" and layered it on top of the hat, the size for that was 2 1/2". These were both cut from white cardstock. When they are cut you will see that the "St. Patrick's Day" comes right out of the hat leaving a hole. I then layered some gold paper behind the hole. I took a black sharpie marker and colored my "St. Patrick's Day" and then glued it back in place over the gold paper. Doing it this way saved a little on some paper. I colored my clover with Tsukineko's Brillance gamma green, by rubbing the pad directly on the paper. Then I edged the clover with my gold leafing pen and stitched some white lines with my signo gel pen. For the hat I colored the band with my black sharpie marker and stitched on some lines with a metallic gold pigment pen. I also added some white solid lines with my signo pen. I then used Tim Holtz ink applicator tool and the gamma green ink and shaded all the edges of the hat. Then very lightly I used my ink applicator tool and brillance graphic black ink to highlight the edges. I added gold stitching lines all around the outside edge of the hat. I applied some "Yes" paste to the back of the hat and clover and slipped it down inside my ribbon border. For the "Pot of Gold" I used the Paper Doll dress up cartridge and cut it setting the height at 3 1/2" on real dial size. I colored the gold with my Krylon gold leafing pen, added some white and gold stitching lines and adhered it with "Yes" paste. I then slid the clover pick I got at Joann's down inside the "Pot of God" and the "Yes" paste I used will hold it in place. Finally I took some crystal lacquer and beads and dressed it up a little more. I put gold beads on the "Pot of Gold", black beads on the hat and clover. So here you have it.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...