I know Valentine's Day is over but I thought I would share the card I made for my February Card Exchange, you can use the technique for another card very easily. Here are the directions:
- Cut kraft cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", fold in half.
- Use Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink and Tim Holtz ink applicator tool to age edges of front and inside of card.
- Cut red cardstock layer to 4" x 5 1/4", tape to front of card.
- Cut vintage Bingo Card in half, tear bottom edge (or top) edge and ink all around card with chestnut roan ink and applicator tool. Tape to upper right hand corner.
- Stamp Magenta 08084-E heart border on bottom edge of red cardstock with Versamark and emboss with gold powder.
- Cut a piece of drywall tape to go across front of card and press firmly in place. Letting it carry over to inside of card.
- Put a piece of 1/4" wide terrifically tacky tape across center of drywall tape, press firmly down and pull off red liner.
- Cut a piece of red and black picot edge ribbon the length of card and lay each piece of ribbon down on either side of tape, press down firmly.
- On upper right hand side of the ribbon squirt a generous amount of Tim Holtz Rock Candy Stickles on card and brush over area. Let dry.
- Cut heart from Cricut Cartridge "A Child's Year" pg 30 by hitting shift and icon, setting the height at 3". Use ink applicator tool and chestnut roan ink to age the heart. Cover entire heart with Tim Hotlz Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint-let dry thoroughly. Then ink again to bring out the crackles. Put a little red stickles on heart and spread around. Crinkle heart all up. Put Yes Paste on back of heart in three places forming a little dimension and place on left hand side of card.
- Cut with your Circut the children from "A Child's Year" pg30 by hitting shift, shadow and setting the height at 2 1/4", put Yes Paste on back of children and adhere to card beside the heart.
- Inside of Card:
- Stamp "Happy Valentine's Day" with chestnut roan ink in center of card. I used an Art Impressions stamp but I can't read the number, sorry.
- Now the little center piece of the heart from the front, you will ink the edges with the chestnut roan ing and glue down to the left of your greeting.
- Ink edges of your envelope with chestnut roan ink and then stamp along the bottom edge, the heart border with versamark and emboss with gold.