Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I was looking around in my local Joann Fabrics for some Valentine Decorations and was very disappointed in the selection they had. But I spotted this heart and thought it had a lot of possibilities, and it was 40% off so it cost me all of $5.00. What a find I thought. So tonight I was ready to tackle my project, I knew I was going to hang it in my office, so that was my inspiration. I started with picking out some lace out of my stash, then flowers and buttons. I like to lay everything on my project before gluing it all down because I tend to change my mind alot. Then I decided that my Cricut and Gypsy were the tools to use for my lettering, is there anything else. lol. My "Jesus" was cut at 3" using the Storybook Cartridge and welded together and layered with my Gypsy. The other letters were 1.25" and the heart was cut @ 4" using the Gypsy font. I attached everything with Yes paste. First I put on my lace, then some red ribbon and black rick rack on top of that. Along the left hand edge I applied some Angelina Fibers with Yes paste then I arranged my flowers and attached them, then added buttons and beads for accents around my flowers and ribbon. I embellished my flowers and buttons with Stickles glitter glue, using black, red, and diamond. My beads were attached with Crystal Lacquer. Next I added some drywall tape and put a strip of ribbon across that, and tied a bow on the end. I added some tatted flowers with Yes paste and then put black Stickles in the center of each. I attached "Jesus" with Yes paste and then covered the white part of the letters with Crystal Lacquer and sprinkled beads on that. I positioned my " holds the key to my.." on the drywall tape and covered them with crystal lacquer. I layered my heart on top of some layered flowers, embellished it with Stickles, Crystal Lacquer, ribbon and buttons. I attached a key to one of Tim Holtz's thingys (sorry can't remember what they are called) and also used Yes paste to attach a Tim Holtz key hole. Last I adhered some bling along the top right hand edge with Crystal Lacquer and then sprinkled some beads along them. Here's the finished project!!