Sunday, January 3, 2010

Altered Book Club 2010

As promised we will begin another "Altered Book Club", although this one has a twist to it. Instead of using books, we will be making our own board book to use for our projects. Here is a sample of one I have begun, to use each month to show you our techniques. The plan is to meet on Saturday, February 13th, 2010 at which time I will show you how to start your book. In the meantime you will need to email me (sunflowerhouse@verizon.net) to let me know if you would like to join us again for another art journey into the world of Altered Books. Also I will need to know if you want to do another Round Robin or if you would like to work each month on your own books. So let me know, I look forward to doing another round with you.
Here's a little information on how I made my book covers:
For the cover I used two 8" X 10" artist canvas panels, which I painted with green acrylic paint.
Then I choose to use Basic Grey's Porcelain Paper Collection (which I got for Christmas :) )
I cut pieces to size and glued them on with mod podge.
These are the Cricut Cartridges I used:
Lettering - Don Juan
Owl - Paisley
Hinges - Fabulous Finds
Tag - Doodlecharms
The flowers are from Darice which I found at Pat Catan's.
The clip and pin is from Making Memories and the punched border is a punch by Martha Stewart.
I am designating this book to all my favorite Cricut and Gypsy creations and the inner pages will be made from shirt board. The whole book will be held together with loose leaf book rings which I purchased at Office Max.
Have a great evening, always,
Bev



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...