Sunday, January 17, 2010

Altered Book 2010


A new Round Robin Altered Book Club will be beginning in February, and this is the actual book that I will be sending around. A week or so ago I posted a picture of the book I would be using to demonstrate the techniques to you. My title is "Vintage Art", these are the front and back covers before I have actually put the book together with the inside pages and binder rings. I started with a 8" X 10" canvas and painted it with Adirondack Hazelnut acrylic paint. The paper is from Basic Grey "Urban Couture", I tore strips and attached with Mod Podge. I inked all the edges with Brilliance "Coffeebean" ink pad and Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool. I cut the hinges on Tim Holtz grunge paper with Cricut Cartridge Fabulous Finds setting the width @ 4". My tag was cut with "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, setting the height at 3 1/2" and also on Tim Holtz grunge paper. My "Vintage" word was cut with Plantin Schoolbook" and welded with the help of my Gypsy. My key, ruler, and drawer pull are all garage sale finds. I aged my drawer pull, hinges, tag, and edges of my paper with bronze embossing powder. The ribbon is from May Arts and the crochet flower and border I made. The beads were attached with Crystal Lacquer. The brads (on the hinges), the buttons, beads, "A. R.T. beads and the metal plate are all miscellaneous and I don't remember where they came from.
I am hoping to have the "Sign In Pages" finished to post for you early this week.
I am still taking sign ups for the "Trading Cards" if you are interested please email me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...