Thursday, August 7, 2008

Artist Trading Card - "Sewn Pocket"


I received in the mail today a wonderful fun package. I had ordered a set of Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Dies and a brown journaling pen. So of course I had to play with them and I had to do my trading cards so I justified the time spent in my studio playing today. They are marvelous and so much versatility with them, now I am regretting ordering one set. I didn't have the Wizard Die Cutting Machine but the package said they work with any machine and I have the Zip-e-Mate and they are very compatible, with a little practice. I can see so many possibilities for using these in all my projects, next week we will use them in class and you can experiment with them. I used one of the dies to cut my oval and then I used the same die to emboss it. I used the same die to make my pocket, I cut it out, embossed it and then cut it in half. I then used one of the smaller ones to make my insert for my pocket. I rubbed chalk around the outside edges of the lighter ones and used ink for the darker one. I also did a little stamping on them and added a neat embellishment. Of course since our technique was a stitched pocket, I stitched the pocket on with embroidery thread. Well I will add more to my wish list, and try more of Spellbinders dies now I know they truly work in my Zip-e-Mate. Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...