Sunday, July 6, 2008

Class - "Faux Embossing" & Inchie Challenge


I have had a wonderful day playing in my studio and have accomplished a lot. It is so relaxing there, to bad there are others things in life sometimes that get in the way. Actually I don't really mean that, I love all the others things in my life. We all need diversity to keep us from getting to bored with one thing. And yes, all my life in my studio would get boring and lonely. So anyhow for class this week we are going to be doing a technique called "Faux Embossing". As you can see with the samples this is a very soft look and really does look like the embossing you would do with a stencil and a light box. Without the hassle.....yea! You are welcome to join us either on Monday evening at 6:30 or Thursday morning at 10:30. Just give me a call and let me know you are coming. sunflowerhouse@verizon.net







I also finished my "Inchies" for the TICS Challenge, which is "Butterflies". Here is a sample of mine. I stamped a large butterfly and then scanned it and made it much smaller. Then I printed it out and cut it out to create the one you see here. I took my one inch piece of purple card stock and stamped a background stamp on it with versamark and rubber over it with spring green pearl-ex. I added some small pieces of gold outline stickers and edged the card stock with a gold metallic marker. I then curled my wings of my butterfly and applied yes paste behind them so they didn't flatten out and attached it to my one inch square. I also attached a gold rhinestone to the tip of the wings. If you haven't experimented in the "Inchie Art" you must give it a try. Its challenging enough and very rewarding to see your finished project. I made a couple extra "Inchies" and here is a card that I included one of my "Inchies" on.

I also finished up my Altered Book today, had it almost done and just needed to add a few finishing touches. I can't show you a picture because its Holly's and I know she reads this blog. Sorry Holly, no free peaks.


Hope your day was as rewarding as mine, till next time......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...