Sunday, April 6, 2008


Here is a bookmark that I did with a local church group for "Girls Night Out". This was the first time this church did one of these nights and it was very successful. The speaker they had was wonderful. They had several booths set up that the ladies could visit through out the evening, you could get a facial, your nails done, sew a flower, see a demo on spinning wool, watch a video, or make a bookmark. As with any church group the food was wonderful also. I especially liked the punch.

To do this bookmark I first started with some glossy paper (8 1/2 x 11 sheets cut in half). I took an acetate report cover and cut that in half. Opened it up and on one side squirted some drops of dye re-inkers. I used Ancient Page in three complimentary colors (making sure one of them is lighter, such as mandarin) and approximately 5-6 drops of each. Then I sprayed some alcohol on the inks to help them spread around. I closed the cover and carefully moved the inks until they blended. Then I opened the cover back up and put the glossy paper back to back and laid it inside the report cover, and then closed it back up. I used my fingers to spread the ink all around, covering both pieces of the paper. Open up the cover next and pull the papers out and set aside to dry. You can get several prints out of one inking.


I then cut my glossy paper down to bookmark size and layered it on top of green card stock. I stamped a flower with my Northwoods Spring cube on white card stock and punched out with a deckle square punch. Then I punched out of green paper another square to layer behind the flower square, making it just 1/4" bigger on two sides.

I stamped my inspirational verse with Memories black ink. Punched a hole in the top and threaded some ribbon through. All done.


Update on Sophia: She is back off the respirator and is now up to 4lbs. The nurses say she is feisty. Isn't she just beautiful! Please keep the prayers coming, I know it is God pulling her through. Mom and Dad were able to hold Sophia today how nice that was for them. I will be going back done to spend two more days to help Kim out around the house. She is having her staples out tomorrow, pray that goes well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...